Do you need an Apostille on a Single Status?
Are you planning on getting married in another country? If you are planning to get married in another country, you will need to obtain an Apostille on your single status affidavit. A single status affidavit is a document that states you are currently not married to another person.
Some countries may also refer to this document as:
- Single Status Certificate / Affidavit
- Bachelor Certificate
- Unmarried Certificate
- No Record of Marriage
- Certificate of Freedom to Marry
- Certificate of No Impediment for Marriage
- Certificate of No Record – Marriage
- Affidavit of Single Status
- Affidavit of Marriageability
- Certificate of No Public Record
- Marriageability Affidavit
Single status / Bachelor certificate is a declaration of origin of your freedom to marry. Almost all countries require that a couple can provide such a certificate before they will issue a marriage licence. Single status certificate now becoming very common in India also, in the Countries like Phillipines, China etc., this should be produced before marriage ,Indians if want to marry foreigners belonging to these countries have to get the single Status certificate Apostilled...